Monday, August 3, 2009

News from Helenatrandom

Okay friends. I know I tweeted that I have a funeral to go to on Tuesday, but I didn't say who. My husband's 90+ year old aunt passed away last week. She was a lovely person, but had been suffering terminal illness for quite a while. While the finality of not seeing her on earth saddens us, we believe we will see her again in Heaven, where there is no pain or death, so for that we are glad. We are sad and happy at the same time.
Her passing inspired me to go visit family graves at a couple of cemeteries this weekend. Someday I'll explain why I love the cemetery. Right now, my time at the computer at the library is short, and there is much to do...
That's right. This morning I discovered that the computer isn't working. Hopefully Bob, my Computer Whisperer, will be able to do something. However, if he tames computers, he doesn't raise them from the dead. Keep your fingers crossed.
So, you may not be getting news from me for a while. I'll pick out an oldie but a goodie or two from the past to repost this week so that you don't have to suffer this week entirely without me. If my Computer Whisperer tames her, I will update you all to that too. And tweet on twitter like a canary on crack.
Peace everyone. God Bless you all.

5 comments:

jasonS said...

Sorry for your loss. At least you grieve with hope. That's a huge comfort and blessing.

sherri said...

Sorry to hear about the Aunt's passing.
Hope the computer problem gets taken care of soon.

Wendy said...

So sorry for your family's loss! But I'm glad that she's no longer in pain and is enjoying her eternity in Heaven. Sending you a hug through the computer!

Beth said...

Sorry about the sadness, but I'm glad there's some happy to go with it.

We miss you already in cyberspace! Hope Bob's whispering skills work!

♥ Kathy said...

aww Helen :( I'm so sorry for y'alls loss sweetie. I hope the computer gets fixed soon!