Monday, July 11, 2011

Dreams Coming True Slowly...

This is THE dress, but mine is a bigger size!
While I'm only up to number 39 writing my dream list, I am almost at the point where dream number four is coming true.   I tried on my sun dress yesterday, and it fit!  So why do I use the word "almost" in the first sentence?  Because I still think I'd feel more confident if the fit was a little looser.  It went on and it looked good, but I'm afraid to make any sudden movements.
This coming Saturday is my aunt's birthday and she is having a barbecue.  (My aunt's birthday is the same as Candy Steele's, so you can consider yourself reminded that it is Candy's birthday on July 16.)   I am hoping dream number four will come true by Saturday!   I think it will!
God loves us and cares about are dreams both big and small!  I know fitting into a particular dress is a small dream compared with dream #1 (becoming a mother) and dream #3 (becoming a healthy weight),  but it is because He helps me with the small things that I feel encouraged to hope for the big things!
I'm also doing better with number 26 "to have lots of energy".   I can't claim to have "lots" of energy yet, but I feel less tired than I used to, which is very encouraging to me.   Sometimes our dreams coming true unfold like a flower instead of coming true out of the blue.

4 comments:

saphyreplatypus said...

Congrats Helen! Seeing any dream come to fruition is a great feeling. I love that dress and I am sure it not only looks good, but feels good too!
I have my own list of dreams, and each time I can cross something off I know I've accomplished something that will ultimately make me a better person for it. :-)
Best of luck on crossing off many more!
~K8

Anonymous said...

Having big dreams and little ones is important as I see it. We need the ones we reach for and the ones we can achieve more easily that boost and confidence and faith. Keep going strong, Helen! :)

Candy said...

Great job, Helen! So proud of you. And yes, you'll never forget "Candace Jean, July 16." Am I older than your aunt? I'm older than many aunts....

floyd said...

Good for you! Success is one day at a time. Keep up the good work. That's encouraging for all of us.