Friday, May 29, 2009

Who Knew a Yeast Infection Could Be This Serious....

Not all email forwards are bad. Just the curses. And the good luck stuff. And the astrology. Some are kind of fun, and I like to share it with my friends. I love jokes. Some friends at prayer group shared this with Bob and me a few years ago. This was before everyone and their brother had email, so it was probably more than a few. They printed this out and brought this to the meeting to share with us, where we all begged for our own copies. Yes. We begged for it. I was thinking about it, and googled, cut, and pasted the durn thing for your pleasure. Since this was shared with me at a prayer meeting, I consider this joke holy.



Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.




This video was not recommended by the prayer group, therefore it is not holy. But it is funny!



And here is another one of that bad boy...

11 comments:

Peter P said...

I didn't know he'd died!

Way to break it to a guy gently!

sherri said...

How's the wife and little muffins doing? (bless their hearts.)

Hope they'll be able to RISE above this tragedy.

Candy said...

Did the Jesus Cheeto preside over the service?

Beth said...

Haha. Those videos are a little sick and twisted...and very, very funny!

Wendy said...

Wow, now that is a bad yeast infection...

jasonS said...

Ahhh, I can't see the videos! but the rest is great- thanks Helen!

katdish said...

To be cursed out and flipped off by the Pilsbury dough boy not once, but twice in one blog post?

How could my life get any better?

Bee-otch! (Awesome.)

Annie K said...

Anyway you slice it, that guy was baked... How awesome is that?!

I loved the hot water bottle in the first one. As always Helen...claaasssic!

Diane said...

Thanks for the video :). Yes, our dear Former Reader definitely qualifies for A-hole status!

Helen said...

Peter, I'll be more careful next time. Maybe leave out the video footage.
Sherri, they're settling...
Candy, no. The family thought that would be too cheesy.
Beth, I liked the first one best.
Wendy, I think it was the infection that caused him to go wild like that, I really do.
Jason, thanks. By the time my friend read funeral at 3:50 for 20 minutes, tears were rolling down my cheeks...I mean I laughed until I cried.
katdish, there was a third "Poppin' Fresh" video, that I opted out of. I figured those who read both of our blogs could injure themselves between this and your tweet post if I didn't show some restraint.
Annie K, yes. Definitely half baked. I think my favorite part was when he farted. I am normally not a fan of fart humor, but the Pillsbury Doughboy cutting one loose is pretty funny to me.
Diane, thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again.

Billy Coffey said...

I'm glad I kept reading and didn't just stop at the title, which scared me a little.

Too funny, Helen!