|These lovely toes are courtesy of photobucket. Until, now|
it never occurred to me I may need pictures of my nekkid feet.
Last week I wrote a post about feeling more optimistic, and I really do. It had hit me a few months ago that not only didn't I accomplish all of the goals of my youth, but that I didn't believe I ever would, and had felt I should put dreams away as youthful foolishness. It did not help my outlook.
Many things on the list are actually related to each other:
3) Become a healthy weight. (It's been so hard, and I've failed so many times I stopped hoping I ever could. But today, I am dreaming about it, focusing on it, and asking God to help me daily in this quest.)
4) to fit in my new sundress.
5) to fit in the clothes in my box in the basement.
6) to be able to get rid of all of my large clothes because I need room for a smaller size. (I guess I'm dreaming of a good reason for a new wardrobe.)
10) to be able to comfortably get up and down from the floor.
11) to be able to stand all day without a lot of discomfort.
12) to be able to walk around outside all day without my feet being in a lot of pain.
17) to walk several blocks without getting out of breath.
21) to fit in an airline seat.
24) to be flexible enough to give myself a pedicure. (I feel pretty when my toe nails are pink. I know it's silly.)
25) to be able to get out of the tub without worrying I'm going to slip and kill myself and the paramedics are going to find me nekkid.
26) to have lots of energy.
30) for my feet and ankles not to swell.
That's 13 things all related to number 3. Obviously when I get dream #3, most if not all of the other dreams I shared today will have already been granted. I still think it is important to list these other things. They didn't come up because I asked "Why do I want to become a healthy weight?" but because I asked "What do I want?" . I will not yet be a healthy weight the day I paint my toenails, but I will still have gotten something I want, and will need to thank God for His help. Because I'll only get there with His help. I know this, because I have been trying too long on my own.
So as frivilous as it sounds, I'm praying for my weight, size, mobility and flexibility.
What about you? What are your dreams? You don't HAVE to list 100, 30, or even 13. I'll be happy to know one or two, and will pray for your dreams, too!