Thursday, September 30, 2010

Congratulations DS! And Happy Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday!



So....   Our pleasantly disturbed leader, Duane Scott, is getting married the first week of November.   Some of my twitter friends  (@sarahmsalter and @dlrayburn and @weightwhat) were discussing how to make it more memorable for him.   I insisted we want something dignified....  So far we came up with a quartet made up of a pilgrim, Native American Chief and Squaw, and a turkey.   The turkey should be dressed.

Let our key phrase in this gifting always be dignity...  Remember, this is a CHURCH wedding!  No naked turkeys allowed!!!

Dusty suggested we brainstorm other appropriate ways to help  celebrate DS's wedding.

I'm rather stumped... Maybe Steph and Wendy can put something together having to do with squirrels...   Katdish could do a Wedding Gift skymall post... I could teach everyone how to dance the Salsa badly...  Maybe we could send a message to all his facebook friends and get them to help brainstorm ideas to add the kind of dignity that a Pilgrim, Native Chief and Squaw, and dressed turkey singing quartet would add to a Church wedding...

OOoooo.... And songs!  What do we want the Thanksgiving Wedding Quartet to sing?    "Oh Promise Me" has somehow become both a cliche, and a song I never actually heard.   How about a new version of Beyonce's Single Ladies?
"Oh he liked it so he decided to put a ring on it, Uh huh huh, uh huh huh huh huh huh, uh huh huh huh huh huh..."   I'll be working on the lyrics!

For now, though, go check out DS's Pleasantly Disturbed Thursday post, and the blogs linking to it.

7 comments:

Michael Perkins said...

I'm not sure what to say about the pic. :)

Unknown said...

Hillarious!

Duane Scott said...

HA! Not good. Not good at all... I suggest you all just smile politely on that day. :)

Duane Scott said...

Oh, and thanks for the Congratulations and for making this all WAY too much fun. :)

Wendy said...

You know what that turkey needs? A lampshade hat. Nothing says 'klass' like a lampshade hat.

Kristi Fornshell pagan43 on the twitter said...

I shall roast my turkey this year with a foil bikini plastered to it in honor of the wedding.

Helen, you must rustle up last year's caption contest to honor Wendy's suggestion.

Jerry said...

The turkey image had me...I didn't hear enything else you wrote after that.