Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good News / Bad News

Good News: The Wheaton bank hostages were released unharmed.
Bad News: The gunman shot himself, taking his own life.
For more details about the situation and outcome, you can click on the titile of this post.


I was praying it wouldn't come down to that. I was expecting it. It usually does. But I was praying that he would realize he did wrong, face the outcome, and eventually turn to Jesus. I am not by nature an optimist nor a pessimist. I am the odd duck that sees half empty and half full at the same time, and says "Oh well,it is time to start making plans!" I say this just to let you know I am not naive. I know that doesn't usually happen, but since the angels rejoice when one sinner repents, I thought it was something I should pray for.

The angels rejoicing thing is the reason I am against the death penalty. I want for the culprit to be given ample time to repent, and to let God decide when he has been given enough time. If he (or she) doesn't repent, well that is between them and God. If he or she does repent, then they are not such a danger to society that they require extermination anyway.

I am really glad the hostages are okay. I just wish the angels had a reason to party (not that they aren't happy the hostages are okay, but you know what I mean). Luke 15:7 , 10

No comments: