Thursday, December 17, 2009

Love Songs to My Furnace....

Well, as some of you know, I have been off the computer lately. Last week I was preparing for an ornament party. We all had a good time btw. Remind me to share my ham recipe with you all, it went over really well. Mom wasn't feeling that great, but she had a good time anyway. Then my furnace went on the fritz. Five visits from the repairman in one week.

Yesterday the repairman assured me (after telling me the day before that it had to be my fault, our vents had to be covered and we didn't realize it...not so...) that the problem is taken care of. I asked him one question.

"If the heat goes out tonight, do I call a vent cleaner, a new repairman, or an exorcist." He laughed. Sadly, I was not kidding...

Thankfully the heat is working today, so I don't need any of those options. I have been trying to be more encouraging to it by singing "Heat Miser" and "Hot, Hot, Hot" to it...


Come join my friend Wendy and post some craziness on her blog carnival, Life is Funny. She'll be glad.

4 comments:

katdish said...

Glad the heat is back on, and I'm praying for your mom! Missed you!

Wendy said...

I wish I could say that this was funny... It does make me want to pummel the repairman though, and that would make it all better. :o)

jasonS said...

Ah, Helen that's a pain. Glad it seems to be working now. I think I would go with the exorcist on this one. Keep singing those blessings over it though (I'm not even kidding). Those things make a difference! (You know, life and death in the power of the tongue). :)

ashley said...

I have a garage door opener that could use a good exorcism...and the breaker to my master bedroom, while we're at it...
Enjoyed the post!