Sunday, December 20, 2009

No Longer Tired and Confused...

I want to thank everyone who sent emails and made comments on my post the other day encouraging me. Your prayers and encouragement have done much to lift me up.

My mom was taken to the hospital yesterday. Her most recent blood tests indicated a need for a blood transfusion. She looks good to my eyes now, but I have been given no indication as to when she will be coming home. Last night I slept the whole night through, and I took a nap after Church this morning. Mom is getting the care she needs at the hospital, and I am making sure I rest and take care of myself in the meantime.

Now that I am not exhausted, I see that I did the best I could, and that is all anyone can do. Thank you again, for your encouragement in helping me see that.

Blessings to you.

Love, Helen

4 comments:

Annie K said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing better and that you got some much needed rest!

Wendy said...

Hooray for rest!!! Praying for healing for your mom. :o)

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Helen, I'm way behind reading blogs and just now saw the last two posts. I didn't pray then, but I do pray now that the Lord will help you fall into His arms for strength every time you need it for this ongoing challenge.

It's not quite the same, but I remember pacing the floor and carrying a colicky baby for hours during the night, wanting to drop. The only way she calmed and was tightly cinched into a baby holder while I paced. I still don't know how I made it. I vaguely remember singing a little song from a kids tape over and over:

"God is three in One,
three in One three in One.
(repeat)
The Father makes all things.
The Son sets me free.
The Holy Spirit gives strength to me."

And He did.

Remember:

God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. (Hebrews 6:10)

and

"And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' " (Matthew 25:40)

Hope I'm not repetetive with other comments. I've gotta run and didn't take time to read them first so I'd have a minute to share my love with you.

Valerie Jane said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. Sleep is such a wonderful thing!

;-)