Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm Alive, So Alive

It is Tuesday, and I did not die of an e-mail curse. This is good news for my mom and husband, and for me, too. I suppose my doctor should be glad he didn't have to put e-mail curse as the cause of death on my death certificate. And I'm also pretty sure that Prudential Insurance company has never thought of putting in an e-mail curse clause to invalidate a policy. For someone who does not believe herself to be superstitious, I am amazingly relieved to find myself not dead. It also calls into question my culpability in my mother's disability (please see chain letters are so annoying...). If one e-mail curse is a dud, then aren't they all. Doesn't God protect me from "bad luck" or worse? So maybe that chain letter that annoyed me turned out to be a blessing, since I no longer have to be afraid of them. It is true that God works out all things for the good of those who love Him. May God be with you.
'

1 comment:

katdish said...

I'm so glad you survived the e-mail hex. What gripes me is when you get those heart touching stories about kids and baby bunnies or whatever, then at the bottom of the email, they say something like, "if you really love Jesus, you will forward this to 30 of your closest friends. You do love Jesus, don't you?"