Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Psalm3

3:1 A Psalm. Of David. When he went in flight from Absalom his son. Lord, how greatly are they increased who make attacks on me! in great numbers they come against me.

3:2 Unnumbered are those who say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. (Selah.)

3:3 But your strength, O Lord, is round me, you are my glory and the lifter up of my head.

3:4 I send up a cry to the Lord with my voice, and he gives me an answer from his holy hill. (Selah.)

3:5 I took my rest in sleep, and then again I was awake; for the Lord was my support.

3:6 I will have no fear, though ten thousand have come round me, putting themselves against me.

3:7 Come to me, Lord; keep me safe, O my God; for you have given all my haters blows on their face-bones; the teeth of the evil-doers have been broken by you.

3:8 Salvation comes from the Lord; your blessing is on your people. (Selah.)



The Lord is my glory and the lifter up of my head. Wow. David said it so well. I slept and woke up because the Lord was supporting me. Wow. I'm going to keep reading this today for inspiration, but I can't see right now how I'll wrote a poem from this unless I plagarize the Bible. How amazingly timeless this imagery is. Wow..

2 comments:

katdish said...

Have you heard "Glory to the King" by Darlene Zschech? It's based on this psalm. Here's a bit of it:

Lord, my heart cries out
Glory to the King
My greatest love in life
I hand you everything
Glory, glory
I hear the angels sing

Open my ears
Let me hear Your voice
To know that sweet sound
Oh my soul rejoice
Glory, glory
I hear the angels sing

You're the Father to the fatherless
The answer to my dreams
I see you crowned in righteousness
We cry glory to the King
Comforter to the lonely
The lifter of my head
I see You veiled in majesty
We cry glory, glory
We cry glory to the King.

I always liked that song...

Helen said...

I can't say I remember it, though I might if I heard it. I'll check my husband's CD's. I know he has Darlene Zschech's Shout to the Lord, which is one of my favorites.