Monday, June 16, 2008

Ironic Catholic is Having a Poetry Contest

One of my favorite bloggers is Ironic Catholic. IC is the blog where I found the website for determining my blog's reading level. I know, if this is High School level, then that is pretty scary, because either I am writing Shakespearian with thees, thous, and forsoothes and don't even realize it, or High School isn't what it used to be. Anyway, IC is having a poetry contest, and I am going to try to write a poem. The last time I wrote a poem, I was in college, and that was twenty years ago. It doesn't seem all that long ago when I think about it, only when I do the math. Oh well, if I can't do it, at least I will have tried. It's okay to try and fail. It is not okay to give up before I start. Maybe I should read the Psalms for inspiration. Don't worry, I'm not going to plagarize the Bible. That would have to be a special kind of sin. I like to think of myself as special, but I don't want to be special in Hell. I'd rather be the lowest in Heaven.
Could you imagine God's reaction to someone trying pass off His work as their own? Well, I guess some do. Did you ever here the joke about the guy who died, went to Heaven, and was told by St. Peter that in Heaven, everyone is treated as equal. Well, the guy goes to the movies, where there is a long line. One guy pushes his way through and is rather demanding. The guy finds St. Peter, tells him about the situation, and says "I thought you said all people were equal in Heaven!" St. Peter says "Oh, that's God. Sometimes he likes to play doctor!" Maybe I could write a poem about that...nah, I'll stick to the Psalms. Wish me luck! Have a great day!

No comments: