Saturday, June 21, 2008

Psalm 6

6:1 To the chief music-maker on corded instruments, on the Sheminith. A Psalm. Of David. O Lord, do not be bitter with me in your wrath; do not send punishment on me in the heat of your passion.

6:2 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am wasted away: make me well, for even my bones are troubled.

6:3 My soul is in bitter trouble; and you, O Lord, how long?

6:4 Come back, O Lord, make my soul free; O give me salvation because of your mercy.

6:5 For in death there is no memory of you; in the underworld who will give you praise?

6:6 The voice of my sorrow is a weariness to me; all the night I make my bed wet with weeping; it is watered by the drops flowing from my eyes.

6:7 My eyes are wasting away with trouble; they are becoming old because of all those who are against me.

6:8 Go from me, all you workers of evil; for the Lord has given ear to the voice of my weeping.

6:9 The Lord has given ear to my request; the Lord has let my prayer come before him.

6:10 Let all those who are against me be shamed and deeply troubled; let them be turned back and suddenly put to shame.


"The voice of my sorrow is a weariness to me; all the night I make my bed wet with weeping; it is watered by the drops flowing from my eyes." This pretty much describes how I felt when I found out I couldn't have children, and when the operation didn't work. Thank God I had no one against me for it. My husband, mom, and others were very understanding. But it hurt. Why would God bless others and not me? This is something I still struggle with. We've looked into adoption, but being the sole care taker of my mom without any brothers or sisters, I have my doubts about whether the authorities would find me fit to be a mother at this time. I pray for the faith to accept, keep going, and find out where God is trying to lead me.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hi other Helen! Yes, we Helens must stick together to promote our fine name. I said a prayer for you and your children. I won't say I'll pray for you, because you know how that goes. ;)

Kris said...

i felt this way when my mom was diagnosed with a fatal illness and given less than 2 yrs to live (in July it will be 7 yrs ago). She is still holding her own. Though I am not an only child, my brother lives over 1000 miles away, so her care falls on me mostly. My parents Live in a house behind mine. This has good and bad qualities. Anyway, keep your chin up. As Christians, our lives are not our own.

kw