Monday, February 11, 2008

Grammy Awards

I was highly disappointed in the results of the Grammy awards yesterday. "Hey There, Delilah" did not win for best song, and without a doubt it should have. I heard that songs for the first time on Thanksgiving during the parade, and I was moved to tears. Even my mom and my husband said it was beautiful. A song whose essence can be appreciated across the generations, having teenagers scream, forty year olds cry, and fifty and seventy year olds agree to its beauty deserved to be recognized. I know Amy Winehouse has her problems, and I don't want to make light of them, but a song chanting "I don' wanna go to rehab,no no no," shouldn't even be mentioned in the same category as a song as touching as "Hey There, Delilah". Consider me touched!

No comments: