Monday, February 4, 2008

I Hate Spam...

No not the luncheon meat.  I have never tried that, but my husband says it is excellent fried.   A friend of his likes it with peanut butter.  No, I mean the type of spam that provides no nourishment or satisfaction of the palette whatsoever.  I mean the sort of spam that has me standing on my cyberchair screaming "eek!"  
I don't know how I've done it, but I have managed to be the recipient of some of the most vile e-mail product advertisements I can imagine (it is true though, that when it comes to filth, I do not have much of an imagination).  I "unsubscribe" from the e-mail listings, only to have the same subject headers come up in by inbox.  I am tempted to get another e-mail address, send the info to all my friends, and let the spammers have the old one, with me not so much as glancing at it.  But what if the spammers get the new one?  How far can I run in cyberspace?  Is there a cyberrock or cybertree for me to hide behind?  Until then, I may pretend that my delete button is a laser gun and zap the spam right in the return key.

No comments: