Thursday, February 28, 2008

Slow Cooked Stuffed Peppers

I ran out of bread crumbs and needed to make something with the ground turkey in my refrigerator, using ingredients I already have because I didn't have time to go to the store. This is what I came up with. I will mention in the future how it turned out.



Slow cooked stuffed red peppers

4 red peppers
1 lb. of ground turkey
1/3 cup of instant rice
½ of an onion, chopped fine
1 can of tomato sauce , 8 ounces
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of water

Spray your slow cooker with butter flavor cooking spray. Cut the tops off of the red peppers, clean out the inside and rinse. Cut a small piece from the bottom of each pepper. Mix rice, onion, tomato sauce, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Put the mixture inside the peppers and place them inside the slow cooker. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.

No comments: