Friday, February 8, 2008

Positive Thinking

I was watching Oprah the other day, and she had guests who were talking about the power of positive thinking. I decided it couldn't hurt, so I wrote good health, clean house, and happy family on a post it note, and put the note on my bathroom mirror. I am now supposed to tell myself in the mirror daily that I love myself. Different people spoke about things they got by doing a vision board. Someone actually spoke about getting the stove they wanted by using their vision board.
My husband has told me in the past that this sort of positive affirmation is unchristian. I don't know. I think that focusing on my priorities are a good thing. I also think that I need to remind myself that God loves me before I say that I do. After all, God's love is the only thing that makes me worthy of anyone else's. And while I am not worthy of His love, He gives it freely, and who am I to question Him?

No comments: