I have been tagged by Steph at the Red Clay Diaries. to share seven weird things about me. Limiting myself to seven will be difficult, but I will manage somehow. Sniff.
1. I actually do sing in the supermarket with the canned music they are playing.
Once, years ago, I gave up secular music for Lent. It was supermarket music that did me in. Is it really a sacrifice if it means my husband has to go shopping instead of me? Not quite the spirit of Lent. But I would go grocery shopping, and couldn't help enjoying the music. I worked it out by letting this be a reminder to me that while Christ's sacrifice was perfect, mine could never be that.
2. Sometimes I salsa dance (it's like mambo for people without rhythm) at the supermarket, just to freak out the people who are staring at me for singing.
3. Sometimes I listen to the Drive Time Polka Show.
Don't laugh. The other day, I won tickets from them for Disney on Ice. I had to name the three wise men. Can you? (Hint: No, it is not Mo, Larry, Curly, and sometimes Shemp or Joe. Those are the three wise guys, not wise men.)
And, it is thanks to the Polka Show on WPNA that I know that today is National Bubble Bath Day. Happy Bubble Bath Day. Enjoy!
4. I frequently embed cartoons and childish things into my blog posts.
5. I used to, ummmm, visit a cultish group called University Bible Fellowship. UBF for short. Go ahead, google them. Just know that my experiences weren't so bad, because I stayed on the fringe until I ran like h-e-double hockey stick. I'll probably do a post on it later, when I am totally over it. It has only been twenty-one years so the wounds are still a little fresh...
6. I have a very loud and shrill laugh. "HOW LOUD AND SHRILL IS IT?" Shhhh. I heard you asking all the way here through the computer. Be careful. You don't want to startle your family or coworkers. My laugh is so loud and shrill, that the first time my second graders would hear my laugh, they would scream from fright.....Then they would say "Do it again, Miss Helen! Pleeeeeease do it again!!" Yeah. It was the "Do it again" that tipped me off to how weird my laugh really is. The "please" was mere icing on that cake.
7. I am allergic to pine. And grass. And flowers. I used to like to do gardening, but since I also like not sniffling and having a sore throat, that has kind of fallen on by the wayside. Oh yeah, and the fact that it is winter time.
Now, I tag Beth at That's Not Me Anymore, Sherri at Matter of Fact, Gabby at Dear Gabby, Mare at Journey to be had, and Slycat 9.1. (she does not have a blog, but I can publish hers if she won't start one.) Hey Ryan, how about you? You want to join us?
Okay, weird thing number 8. You guys and gals deserve a bonus. This was fun. I always wanted to do this Meme, but was waiting to be invited.