Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tomorrow's Schedule: Learn, Love, Laugh (Kind of like a lot of days, only elsewhere and structured)




Tomorrow I go to a conference called Catholic Festival of Faith. (Think of it like Catalyst for Catholics. I think..) The pastor of my parish wants all CCD and Parish School teachers there, but that's fine. I am really looking forward to it. That does mean that I won't be on the twitter tomorrow, or commenting on my friends' blogs. Perhaps you will find me on Saturday. I am hoping to have a Twik or Tweet post up anyway. We shall see..


The Schedule of Events for tomorrow is as follows:

7:30 AM

Registration and Exhibits

8:30 AM (This is when my friends and I will be coming in. They have kids to get ready for school, and I have a mommy to get ready for the sitter. We are already registered, and we can see the exhibits later.)

Welcome / Prayer

8:50 AM

Most Rev. George Murry, SJ
The Love of Christ Impels Our Vision (I am REALLY looking forward to this keynote speech!)

9:45 AM

Break / Exhibits (I told you there would be an opportunity to look at exhibits later...)

10:00 AM

Breakout Session #1 .(I am hoping to attend The Catechetical Message of
Sacred Scripture
if it isn't too full)


11:00 AM

Break / Exhibits (also known as vendors. Most "exhibits" will be people selling books. I used to spend a lot of time here, but now that I am not working, I just kind of zip through, giving it the once over, asking the Holy Spirit to draw my attention to anything I might need, but to keep me blind to books I won't find useful anyways)

11:15 AM

Mass (It will be nice to go to Mass with my CCD colleagues all together. I really enjoyed being with them at Mass last year.)

12:30 PM

Lunch (I am bringing my own, so you know it will be good!)

1:15 PM

Rev. Louis J. Cameli, STD
Religious and Spiritual Identity: The Catholic Difference and the Difference It Makes (The title of this speech doesn't impress me much, but Fr. Lou used to live at the parish I grew up in and would be scheduled there for Mass once a week. He is an excellent speaker, though not an excellent titler. I am POSITIVE his speech is better than his title. I LOVE Fr. Lou!)

2:25 PM

Breakout Session #2 (I am hoping to go to Songs of the Season. I try to go to one session every year that is all about praising God in song. I love to sing hymns! Even if I don't learn anything here, though I expect to, I will definitely enjoy it! And what are festivals for but having fun! Am I right?)

3:45 PM

Conclusion


Then I get to come home and cook dinner. Pasta sauteed in olive oil, onion, and garlic, and served with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Did I ever mention that my husband still doesn't eat meat on Fridays, even though the rules changed before I was even born? That's okay. I really like this pasta recipe. Plus, I can throw some cut broccoli in it, and make it healthy.


I will most likely let you know on Saturday how it went. Unless something funny happens, and I save it for Monday's Life is Funny post.


So, when was the last time you went to a Conference like this? Have any favorite memories you want to share? Or meatless recipes?

5 comments:

Stephanie Wetzel said...

Sounds fun! Looking forward to your post about it! (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lead everyone in at least ONE salsa dance.)

Wendy said...

I'm leaving a comment to say that I have nothing to share. I just thought you should know. ;o)

Peter P said...

You mean you're not going to tweet by phone every two minutes and tell us the latest words of wisdom that you heard so we can take them totally out of context?

jasonS said...

have a great time, Helen! Be blessed.

Candy said...

If this is Catalyst for Catholics, you'd better get them on the Tweet bus. And have you tried Pioneer Woman's pasta with tomato cream sauce? No meat and AWESOME. Twitter and I will miss you. #helenatcatalystforcatholics