Thursday, March 11, 2010

How I Became Van Helen...






tried to put tweets people sent me in boldface to make the post easier to follow this week. As usual, bottoms up!



@BridgetChumbley Thanks. Sprouting tomato plants are really little, but I feel so hopeful for summer tomatoes now. Hopeful feels good!

@BridgetChumbley @Helenatrandom The little things are sometimes the most important. I'm so glad to hear you are happy! #yayfortomatoes

My tomato seeds have started to sprout. I am happy. I am honestly happy. Wow. It's been a while... (Can you tell I love tomatoes?)

@makeadiff21 Hi Ginny! Snow is melted here in Chicago. Or at least it is in my yard. Today is a good day.

@katdish Buenos tag, mi schwester... Spanish + German = TWSS

Hot cup of instant cappuccino....I should've given it up for Lent, but didn't. Man, it is sooooo good!!!

@marni71 @CandySteele we named our cars Mary Kate and Ashley... Mary Kate had to be traded in, but I'm still driving Ashley...

@CandySteele thanks. I wrote that down. I don't think we get any weeds with red leaves in our yard, so it sounds like that'll work.

@CandySteele @Helenatrandom Get spring mix or mesclun or something like that. It's so purty. Reds & dark greens are the healthiest.


@CandySteele Haven't bought the seeds yet. I've been reading packages,trying to determine which looks less like crabgrass. #idowannaeatweeds

@CandySteele @Helenatrandom It does, but it doesnt like scorching heat. What kind of lettuce?


@CandySteele The directions say Spring and Fall. So it does not grow in the Summer?

@CandySteele @Helenatrandom No, I'd wait until Mother's day. But don't plant it all at once or you'll be harvesting all at once.

@CandySteele Good morning! Should I be planting lettuce yet? The directions say early in the Spring... But last frost date is late April


RT@MattTCoNP Chuck Norris is 70(!?) He celebrated by staring down his birthday candles until they went out in submission.


Runny Nose Shower Gel Soap Dispenser from Baron Bob: http://bit.ly/blV1AM via @addthis

On top of spaghetti ... all covered in cheese... I lost my poor meatball....when somebody sneezed....


@emptynestegg And you can bet real money I wouldn't have let any of my students sing HALF of them....

@emptynestegg No. I was describing what we sang on the bus on a field trip when I was a kid...

@BridgetChumbley "Lou Lou had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell, the steamboat went to heaven, and Lou Lou went to Hello operator .."


@BridgetChumbley Our song was loosely based on this idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX3qfbanNj8&feature=related (
Warning: Click at your own risk. These lyrics could make a sailor blush! )


@BridgetChumbley And probably their favorite part. We used to sing a song on the bus called "Bang Bang Lou Lou"

@weightwhat Apparently, it's "ceinture". #ilovegooglesearch

@weightwhat @Helenatrandom Okay. How do you say "the hoist, squeeze, pull and groan" in French?

@weightwhat I think we could both work that look. Can we come up with a fancy French name for a girdle, though.?

@weightwhat @Helenatrandom Maybe I could wear a hair piece and a girdle, just like the real band does now, huh?

@weightwhat @Helenatrandom I'd like to be in your all girl tribute band, but I don't have the big hair and rockin' bod I used to have.


@br8kthru @Helenatrandom yep- I think you should go for it.

@br8kthru An all girl tribute band...

@weightwhat @makeadiff21 Well, I think I can sing. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me....

@br8kthru @Helenatrandom RE: Van Helen -you could start a tribute band...


@weightwhat @Helenatrandom Yes. Yes it does. Can you do some big hair and sing?

@makeadiff21 @Helenatrandom You're not gonna go all psycho on us tho are ya?

@makeadiff21 "Van Helen"... has a vice ring to it though, doesn't it?

@weightwhat If I hibernated until I was a size 8, my name would be changed to Rip Van Helen...

@weightwhat @makeadiff21 Not the best today. Too many things weighing on my mind. I'd like to hibernate until it's over. And I'm a size 8.

I am drinking a cup of instant cappuccino with added magnesium. YUMMY!!!

@sarahmsalter I enjoyed your post. Especially when you mentioned feeling the Spirit when you got choked up at Apostle's Creed.

@sarahmsalter I had a good morning. I finished my receipts for the ICF today. (I am the "Financial Secretary. I collect dues..)

RT @katdish So, are y'all following my dog yet? Priorities, people! @BuddyLovetheDog

RT @katdish Follow Monday - @buddylovethedog

@whataboutbobdog Well, not any more. But she used to be...

@whataboutbobdog Please don't eat BunBun. She is my friend....

Red grapefruits are so pretty on the inside. Almost too pretty to eat. Almost....

The first movie I ever saw with Bob was "While You Were Sleeping." It was our first sighted (as opposed to blind) date...

RT @TanyaCaudill "If a lawyer and an IRS agent were both drowning, and you could only save one of them, would you go to lunch or read the paper?"

@katdish My husband showed this to me today and I thought of you. :-) http://bookshop.livejournal.com/1010612.html

6 comments:

katdish said...

Van Helen...

Snort!

Cassandra Frear said...

Now this is a post for "Twitternauts" only. I can just imagine the reactions of friends and family if I showed them this!

I came up with the term "Twitternauts" this week -- probly someone else already uses it, but it's enough to make me feel clever and that counts for something.

♥ Kathy said...

It was fun to see you happy :)

jasonS said...

Can't wait to catch you guys on tour. Should be an awesome show!

SarahBeeCreations said...

Totally missed this: "Lou Lou had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell, the steamboat went to heaven, and Lou Lou went to Hello operator .."

Please give me number nine and if you disconnect me, I'll chop off your behind the refridgerator, there lay a piece of glass - Miss Suzy sat upon it and broke her little ask me no more questions, please tell me no more lies, the boys are in the bathroom zipping up their flies are in the meadow, the bees are in the park Miss Suzy and her boyfriend are kissing in the D A R K dark is like the movies, the movies are a show, I have to say goodbye now 'cause I
ve really gotta go....


And now I feel like jumping rope or playing some handslapping games. :)

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! the Pride and Prejudice with emoticons! I totally get it. My life just may be complete now.