Monday, March 15, 2010

You Might Not Want to Kiss Me Hello....



You are in luck! Not only is it time for me to post another Life is Funny post, but it is about something that happened this weekend.
Saturday morning I was invited to a friend's house for breakfast. Another friend of mine was picking me up. Before she came over, I wanted to clean the bathroom a bit. Well, I didn't realize that I had run out of toilet bowl cleaner when I cleaned the bathroom last week. I probably realized at the time that I used it up, since I threw the bottle away. But I forgot about that until Saturday morning.
I remembered that a while back I read that leaving a cap full of mouthwash in the bowl for half an hour, closing the lid, then swishing did nicely in a pinch. I was desperate. I have always felt that the most important rooms to have clean for company were the kitchen and the bathroom. That way a friend should not feel ill at ease to eat or pee in your house. It is most inhospitable to not provide for either possibility.
Half an hour after pouring the mouthwash in the toilet, I swish the toilet brush around in the greenish yellow water, and have the cleanest toilet bowl I have ever seen in my life!!! How is this funny? Well, now I'm worried about what I have been gargling with all these years! Now I'm afraid to gargle with the stuff, but am ashamed at the prospect of having my toilet bowl smell better than my breath!
I may switch to breath mints... But only after I have placed a few in my toilet tank and made sure it doesn't clean it....


How about writing your own Life is Funny post, and linking it up at my friend Wendy's blog!

10 comments:

Glynn said...

Helen, I'm laughing over this one. A toilet bowl that smells better than one's breath!

katdish said...

I love a minty fresh toilet!

♥ Kathy said...

Coca-cola will eat right through a nail...does that make you feel better about your mouthwash? LOL loved this Helen!

Marni said...

Cool! I knew pouring a can of Coke and letting it sit made the bowl sparkle, or also throwing in one of those fizzing denture cleaner tabs, but never heard the mouthwash thing. When people come over to use my toilet, I want them to experience that "just from the dentist clean", so I'll try the mouthwash trick next.

Good tip. And a good laugh to boot!! ;-)

jasonS said...

This is good to know and funny too. Thanks Helen. :)

Life is Severe said...

Helen, this is very funny. And, I had no idea about mouthwash and toilet bowls. It's so funny you mention mouthwash too because, this past weekend I was sick. I had a 24 hour bug. Well , my sense of smell and taste were more senstive for some reason..and as I was using the mouthwash I noticed how awful it actually smelled. I wondered for the first time ever, what they actually put in that stuff?

Valerie Jane said...

Long story short. We have well water and a broken soft water system. We don't have the money to fix it. Needless to say, we have rust stains everywhere. I've tried CLR, Kaboom and Soft scrub that work with a lot of elbow grease. I tried the mouth wash idea - one capfull. It took the rust stains out of the toilet bowl.

I agree that I don't think I'll ever use mouth wash again - but at least my toilet is minty fresh.

Kathleen Overby said...

Bahaha. Smiling big.

Wendy said...

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'potty mouth,' doesn't it?

Chuck Allen said...

That is too funny! I had never heard about the mouthwash trick. I'm sure I'll never look at mouthwash the same either.