Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Time for Peace...

Ecclesiates 3:1-8
3:1 For everything there is a fixed time, and a time for every business under the sun.

3:2 A time for birth and a time for death; a time for planting and a time for uprooting;

3:3 A time to put to death and a time to make well; a time for pulling down and a time for building up;

3:4 A time for weeping and a time for laughing; a time for sorrow and a time for dancing;

3:5 A time to take stones away and a time to get stones together; a time for kissing and a time to keep from kissing;

3:6 A time for search and a time for loss; a time to keep and a time to give away;

3:7 A time for undoing and a time for stitching; a time for keeping quiet and a time for talk;

3:8 A time for love and a time for hate; a time for war and a time for peace.


That's my excuse for my letting go to grief and sadness yesterday. I can't fight it. If I let go to it, the next season comes all the quicker. If I fight it, I lose, but the battle may take days. I have learned to give in to sorrow, and when it is spent, look at what I have gained instead of what I have lost. Knowing Elizabeth has definitely been more gain than loss. Plus, there is a saint in heaven right now who holds me in her affection. How cool is that?

I know we have heard this song a thousand and one times, but I love to listen to it on days of renewal....

6 comments:

katdish said...

That's right, Helen. Don't fight it. The more you fight it, the bigger hold it has on you.

And I need your joy...

Marni said...

I need your joy too. Especially today. The world has been beating me down since yesterday afternoon and if I don't man-up, it's gonna win. Coming by your blog today helped a lot. Thank you my sweet friend.

love ya,

m

jasonS said...

You're so right. You have to feel what you feel and go through it so you can come out the other side. That's very wise and sometimes very misunderstood...

Annie K said...

I think God knew we needed grief to realize our joy. You grieve out of love, but the joy is that Elizabeth is hanging out with God now. How awesome is that Helen!

Sherri Murphy said...

Great reminder that there IS a time for tears.

Candy said...

What sherri said. I remember this song used to make me sad back when it came out, but as I look back it's all so relative. I have found a certain joy in sadness, because He has proven over and over again that it does not last.

Coming out on the other side is so nice. Amazing how our circumstances may not change, but our hearts do.

Love you,Helen. Though I'm late reading this, it was a Godwink. I needed it at this very moment.