Friday, May 15, 2009

I Promise It Isn't Yoga...



Now, by this cartoon, I don't even mean literally dead, just dead tired....
What I learned this week....
Hmm.....well, yesterday's post tells you I learned I am still a bit more worried about email curses than a good Christian girl out to be, but how about something more positive.
Oooh, I got it! I think I may have mentioned that sometimes I get back pains. Sometimes they are really bad, other times they are mild, but for the last several months they have been constant. Well, this week I have been doing some stretching exercises before I get out of bed. The ones I do are the ones my mom does that her physical therapist gave her. You know what I learned? That crap actually works! I got out of bed pain free a couple of days this week, and with very mild pain a couple of days this week.
So my big revelation of the week is that stretching works. Some of you knew that already? Good for you. I guess I always assumed since it hurts to bend and turn and stuff when my back is bothering me (lately always. The new bed helped some, but not as much as it seemed to that first week...I hope that's not a pattern. On the bright side, if it is, I'll have a new What I Learned post or maybe Life is Funny Post.) it would hurt even more to exercise.




I also learned that blog carnivals are really nice when you don't have a topic in mind to write about.

11 comments:

Stephanie Wetzel said...

I think your lesson for the week is very useful. ;)

But now I'm all distracted. Who's the smiling green guy?

Sherri Murphy said...

I need those exercises/stretches. Are they easy to explain?

Beth said...

I learned that out-biking large dogs as exercise DOES hurt.

But stretching is excellent. Back in my cross country days, I learned this, but I still forget sometimes...

katdish said...

I learned that a lot of people will do stuff just because you ask them to.

Which is awesome.

Helen said...

Steph, the smiling green guy is there because of the obvious last sentence in my post. Isn't that why anyone likes blog carnivals.
Sherri, sure. If you want, I can email a description to you.
Beth, I hope you feel better.
Katdish, I assume you mean me, because I twittered my post because you asked me to....Monkey Butt Heart!

Wendy said...

Wanna email those directions to me, too? Or should I just stop getting out of bed?

Nick the Geek said...

I learned that nobody listens to me anymore. I'm gonna have to start using my talents for evil again.

jasonS said...

Stretching does do amazing things. I need to start exercising again. I've been so busy it's fallen by the wayside. You've inspired me to do something, well, sometime- no rush. :)

Candy said...

oh yes Helen - "that crap actually works!" Living proof - not a day goes by I don't put my leg behind my he....never mind. Trust me on this one.

Helen said...

Wendy, done! Sorry that they are wussy exercises. But hey, journal of a thousand miles....single step....yada yada boomde yadda...
NtG, Again? When did you stop? Who isn't listening to you? On twitter we hang on every tweet you type..
Jason S, the only thing about me inspiring anyone to exercise is the fact that they don't want a butt as big as mine is..
Candy, nice word picture. Thanks. I hope the wedding is awesome, and the marriage even more so!

Catholic Mutt said...

Can I have you come talk to all my patients that won't believe me when I tell them they will feel better if they actually do the exercises I give them? :)