Thursday, December 25, 2008

Atheists Do Convert Sometimes, So I've Heard

The day before Christmas Eve, Happy Catholic posted about the conversion of a blogger formerly calling himself The Raving Atheist, now calling himself The Raving Theist. He posted an essay proclaiming Jesus as his Lord and Saviour recently. Here is his profession of faith.
I hope with my whole heart that this is real. What better Christmas present than a new brother in Christ! Many commenters are doubting the sincerity of his conversion. Christians and atheists are both saying some hurtful things to him in his comment section.
I wasn't born stupid. I have some doubts in my head, but my heart says welcome a brother. Better to be proven stupid than mean. I left a comment on his blog, welcoming him to the Christian family. I added that while I am not familiar with his writing, I noticed Christians in the comment section saying he had always been charitable in his arguments. I added that it would be uncharitable to mock believers by pretending, but others are testifying that that would be out of character for him so I choose to believe him. I wished him well.
I don't think I can tell anyone else what to do at this point. A part of me says to ask everyone to go to his blog, and welcome him. Make him feel the love that some are withholding from him. Another part of me says that I shouldn't ask anyone else to risk being foolish.
So I ask nothing. I put this out there for you to read. Do as the Holy Spirit moves you. God bless you. God bless him. Oh boy....

2 comments:

Sherri Murphy said...

I read his post. I wonder what his "story" is? I couldn't get my comment to go through. I asked him to share it. I think that would be interesting.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

That is very exciting!